Your third writing project asks you to propose one significant change at WCU that would implement the educational ideas of Paulo Freire and Walker Percy. Your essay must propose one (and only One!) significant change, and link that change to 4 discreet results/effects of that change. Your project is due at our exam session, via Google drive.
Your project must work as a traditional essay or a mixed media slideshow (visually and word-based). If a traditional essay, it should fall between 1200 and 2000 words, with discreet paragraphs for each of the significant effects/results; if a slide show it should be between 30 and 45 slides, with sections that align with each of the significant effects/results.
You will be graded on your expert interpretation/application of Percy’s and Freire’s ideas of education, your use of real elements of education at WCU, the strength and clarity of your thesis; the clarity of your explication and implementation; and the strength of your writing.
Your project will be graded according to the following activities:
- Proposal due at class time on 12/2, containing a problem, an implementable solution to that problem, and 4 effects. (5%)
- Defense of proposal in conference with me no later than 12/4 (5%)
- A draft of around 600 words or half, shared no later than 12/6 (5%)
- An initial draft conference with me to discuss the draft, between 12/4 and 12/6 (5%)
- An extended draft, of around 900 words or 2/3, shared no later than 12/9 (5%)
- A final draft meeting with me, either on 12/9 or 12/10 (5%)
- The quality of the finished project (70%) due by 1159 pm on your scheduled exam day.
You should work alone on this. At the end of your exam day, late work receives a 0.